GET TO KNOW A.J....FIND THE TRUTH OF GOD'S LOVE

Blessings to All,

My name is A.J. I’m honored to have you take the time to read this and get to know me.
This message comes from my heart at the behest of those around me who ask who I am and how I came to be involved with Free Indeed Central Oregon.

I live in Redmond Oregon where I have been raised, graduated high school and moved into adulthood.  With many friends and family in my life, I have always been drawn to those who seek “help” in their personal lives including a relationship with God.


I know that I know that Jesus is the answer to life and beyond.  I know that I know that life is challenging and often lonely.  I knew I wanted to reach others who felt the way I did…wondering if God was real and if I was worth His time.

He showed up in my life and made it clear He was there and reaching out to me all the time! All I had to do was accept his invitation.  Without change first or fixing my ills!

Now, I have been given the opportunity to join with an organization that reaches people, “Right where they’re at.”

You should know I do not personally struggle with same sex attraction.  I do know many that do, many that support them, and the fear and rejection that comes to them all.  Fear of what may happen in a lifestyle that is so confusing.  Rejection by anyone who finds out that doesn't agree with it or those who support a loved one or friend.  What to do?  Do you support your friend or loved one in to it or encourage them to stay out?

My battle came in understanding the mind and heart of the struggling and wanting to be able to reach out with true compassion and a message of Godly love that does exist.  I was tired of the hypocrites.  They, being anyone that told me one thing and lived the opposite.  Church or not hypocrisy is everywhere!

I have seen the same things through media and life itself as all have.  I have heard the complaints and fears of those who want to come to Christ but ending up running the other way because of the battle lines drawn by the church and media.

Isn’t church where we are all welcome?  Why is there a divide among us?  Aren’t we all in need of a Savior?  I had done nothing for God to love me so why should anyone else?

With this in mind, my journey continues.  Then a friend I have known for some time (who is also a Christian) came to me, telling me about a man he knows and the ministry he has begun.

Free Indeed Central Oregon is the ministry and John is the man to whom I referred.

I was drawn (cautiously) to the message that this was going to be a welcoming place for people with same sex attraction and a desire to know God.  I admit, I was a bit skeptical as the message is framed (in the media) as either, “how much God hates you” from the church side and “how much I hate God” from the other side.

“The only thing we want to change about you is your opinion of God” Free Indeed’s motto! Could this be true?  Could someone actually hold sway with skeptics from both sides of the aisle?
The answer turned out to be, “Yes”.  In fact, I have had the great opportunity to challenge people I know in the church to change their mind about God!

You heard right, the church needs to change their mind about God.  His absolute love and grace for all!

The message is real…Jesus died for us all.  He has already forgiven us of all sin and awaits us to, “Open the door of our heart” to receive forgiveness.

No longer do I feel the need to lead a conversation with what is wrong with you or tell you the consequences of your future if you don’t accept what I say.  No, in fact I am free (indeed) to lead with how much God loves you and desires to meet you where you’re at in your life.

Don’t change for me or anyone else!  Another great truth grounded in Free Indeed.  All are welcome.

Another great aspect of Free Indeed is the “Support the Supporters” program.  We now reach out to friends and family and come to them to show this great love God has and support their needs.  Again, “meeting people where they’re at in their lives”.

In closing, I want to thank you for taking the time to read this and getting to know me.

I look forward to meeting many more of you and sharing God’s unending love and grace!

Feel free to send an e-mail to me at:  freeindeedco@gmail.com.  Or sign up for e-mail updates here on our website  ( www.freeindeedco.com )

God Bless You All!

A.J.


ART DONATED BY BRANDON VISSER

1 comment:

  1. Amen A.J. I have been attending Free Indeed when I can and I have never been in a Church,Organization or just a group of people where I feel so accepted and loved just for who I am...Very unusual and awesome!!

    ReplyDelete